"A pure heart is the greatest of all treasures"

Sunday, September 02, 2012

About Me / My first Post, Welcome


Hello there!

Welcome to my blog! Pure Treasure
You're probably thinking, 'what a name for a blog'.
 It was kind of hard to choose a name. When you're a new blogger and have no idea what you're getting yourself into, and every site about blogging says it is of major importance, than it gets a little overwhelming finding the perfect name. 
I chose that name because of a quote that says, "A pure heart is the greatest of all treasures." It always reminds me that there is nothing, not even a jewel on earth, more important than a heart full of  happiness, love, confidence, purity, and awesomeness, that really is the greatest treasure. That is why I named my blog Pure Treasure.

My purpose for this blog is to Inspire, Inform, & Entertain, so as you go around my blog I hope you all find something that you can enjoy and relate to. I have so many ideas that I can almost assure you there will be at least one topic for everyone. 


I guess you want to know about me, huh? 

Well, once upon a time eighteen years ago, a middle aged Hispanic woman gave birth to a baby girl on December 9th. On that day I entered the world, & I was so rudely welcomed into this world with a slap on my behind. 


My name is Larimar Cabrera <— a weird name right !
Behind my name there is a story though, which makes it that much more beautiful to me. Larimar is a blue stone my mother found in the Caribbean in Dominican Republic and it was a rare beauty that was made in a catastrophic environment. It is said to represent peace, clarity, healing, and love. You can read all about the name and the stone's history here.
Where I'm from..

I’m sure you’ve guessed I’m from Dominican Republic but I was born in New York City, where I still live todayI spend most of my time getting an education at Nyack College, and in a church called Thessalonica church. Gotta have my Jesus :)
I Love:
God, Music, Fashion, Dancing, Sketching, Writing, Reading and MANY OTHER THINGS !
I hope you enjoy my blog where I will be writing about the things that I love, about fashion, art, food, working out, motivational things, freebies, and sometimes short stories (no expert) and hopefully inspiring people.  I want my readers to get the message that we are meant to do so much more than just one thing in life.
Please feel free to comment, and suggest things, i’m new to blogging and I’ll need all the help I can get. So far I have spoken to a lot of incredible people, I'd like to get to know more :) I can be reached by Twitter, Facebook, and Email as well -> Larimarcabrera@yahoo.com
Thank you for reading,

Larimar Cabrera 


” We’re meant to encourage one another.”

As iron Sharpens Iron, a friend sharpens a friend. – PROVERBS 27:17

No comments:

Post a Comment

Hey, don't be shy; leave a reply :