"A pure heart is the greatest of all treasures"

Monday, June 23, 2014

Tuition

Great day.

I loved my 1st college, It was a Christian Private school, and they were a great community of people. I made friends there, and learned a lot of things. It was definitely a blessing at a time where I was totally clueless, and thought no college would ever accept me.

I've always had an issue with failure, I don't like to fail. Applying to private colleges there was always a chance of no one choosing me, and it felt like setting myself up for failure.
(Even though I have been an honor student since elementary)

That always played a role when it came to applying to schools. The other part of the problem when applying was procrastination. I never applied to middle school, they chose me, high school, they chose me, and college, well they chose me also. I had to fill out an application, but I was pretty much guaranteed the position. It was an awesome feeling because I had heard great things about this college, and I wanted to be in there.

It was beautiful, the classes were awesome and I did learn alot, they also had church services and prayer so it helped me in my faith.

But I had an issue that quickly became a problem, Tuition. It should have been explained a little better to me, and I should have prayed about it more before making a decision to get into the school. Unfortunately, I had to transfer because it was too expensive for me. I totally loved the classes and the people, and the praying, christian community that the school had, but why did it have to be soo expensive?.

So now here I am 2 years later paying tuition. My loans interest charges going up by the month, and a loan under my mothers name, which might mess with her credit if I don't pay it soon. BAD

While in the school, I commuted, paying metro card fees, paying for expensive books, and I had to have extra classes that were required for the private school, which were not part of my major. Those credits did not transfer when I transferred. Out of my 31 credits only 15 were accepted. The school had mostly adults, and I wanted to be in a school with a lot of clubs, and extracurricular activities, and they were lacking that. Now I am in a community college and in that college I got accepted into a program that gives me monthly metro cards, pays for my books, and pays for whatever financial aid does not pay. It is so much of a blessing. I am in a dance club, and a bible study club.

So was it worth going to the other school? I am not sure. A great experience? Yes it was. Would I do it again? uhhh probably, but then want to transfer again.

I hate owing money, so now that I am in another college, and practically in it for free, I am trying to pay everything off. I do not want to have to deal with this after I graduate. I didn't know that so much was accumulating, and how real it is to have a loan that is due for payments.

So, yea today I am proud of myself.

I tackled part of my tuition! (insert balloons here) 1 down 2 more to go.

I paid my school the full amount, and now I can get my Official Transcript :) I still have loans for the state that need to be paid, but are currently on forbearance.

Ladies and gentleman, please be very well informed before entering a school. Have a plan, and do not just go for the shiny parts of the school because you can get those first few core classes anywhere. Like an alternate, cheaper, community school where you can finish the core classes, and then transfer to whatever school you want to complete your major. If you'd rather go to the private school first, then do some research on scholarships, and programs that you might qualify for.

It is a major Save.


Love LariX3

No comments:

Post a Comment

Hey, don't be shy; leave a reply :